Crochet was the meeting topic and we shared crochet related stories, skills and books. The crochet techniques could be used on their own or as trimmings and embellishments for machine knitted items.
Mandie had found Fauxchet on the internet and provided a demonstration. Valerie demonstrated Tunisian crochett. A few of us had a go of both types with expert help on hand. The rest of the group brought in their own crochet samples, yarn and hooks to demonstrate and try the techniques.
- 1 entry by Mandie who made a very colourful neck warmer
- 1st Marcia with an Ann Brown jacket with the famous 14,000 rows of cord and handknitted into cuffs and bands. Standard gauge using 3 strands of french crepe.
- 2nd a childs fairisle cardigan by Sue who adpated a handknit pattern and used LK150 mid gauge with double knit sublime merino, cashmere and silk.
- 3rd Shirley knitted a standard gauge raglan sleeve jumper in green with a lace trim around the bottom.
- 4th Gillian created 2 childs sweaters in Sirdar Crofter random dyed yarn